Health Care Assistant - Days & Nights
From £8 per hour / enhanced rate of pay for night duties
Littlebourne House is a residential and EMI care home. We are currently recruiting for Health Care Assistants to join our team.
As a healthcare assistant you will work as part of a team, administering care for the residents at Littlebourne House with respect and dignity while promoting as much independence as possible.
You are required to have the basic desire to care. Candidates wishing to apply should have experience of working in an elderly people care home
NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
£11 per hour
As Deputy Care Manager, you will be a member of the Management team which continually strives for providing residents with person centred high quality care. Littlebourne House is a Home of 64 residential and EMI residents in a friendly, family environment. It is important that the Deputy Care Manager understands how to manage a team and the responsibility that is involved with this.
• Ensuring the safe delivery of care according to regulations, policies and procedures and adhering to the individuals care plan.
• You will be responsible for understanding and complying with statutory and legal requirements including Health and Safety, Fire Safety, COSHH and all aspects of the Health and Social Act. You will need to help you team understand these requirements and maintain a safe environment.
• You will work with the Senior Management team in participating in the formulation and updating of personalised care plans, risk assessments and any other aspects of the residents care, this includes administering of medication, daily record keeping, continence monitoring, audits and checks.
• You need to be able to manage the team and ensure all staff deliver patient, supportive, kind care following guidelines and training. Be able to utilise staff from all departments in a crisis or when necessary. You will need to carry out training, inductions, supervisions, disciplinaries and appraisals.
• You will be required to undertake general care assistant duties throughout the Home.
• You will need to be an active and encouraging senior member of the Care Team, responsible for running team meetings and attending Management meetings. You will be expected to attend all training and be willing to improve your knowledge and understanding.
Requirements of the Job
• Minimum of 3 years experience in care at a senior level.
• NVQ4 or above.
• Good numeracy and literacy skills.
• Caring nature.
• Strong team member.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Supervisory skills
• Reliable and punctual.
• Competitive Salary.
• Employee pension scheme.
• Performance bonus and employee of the month including incentives.
• Training over and above mandatory.
• Accommodation if needed.
For more information about the services we provide please contact us or call us on 01227 721527.